Last Updated: 06 September 2017
- What are the programmes offered at UniKL RCMP?
Please refer to Programmes.
- Are these programmes approved by the relevant authorities?
Yes, all programmmes are approved by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE). Apart from that, our programmes are also approved by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC), Malaysian Pharmacy Board, and Nursing Board Malaysia
- How much are the tuition fees?
Please refer to Tuition Fees.
- Is there any other fees?
Yes. Students need to pay for registration, accommodation, transportation , insurance and lab coats/uniforms ranging from RM 1000–RM3000 for every semester (depending on the course requirement).
- What is the minimum entry qualification?
Please refer to Programmes for details.
In addition to academic entry requirements, the applicants must also be physically and mentally healthy, and free from any infectious diseases, such as HIV and Hepatitis B.
- What is the duration of each course?
Duration of each course is as follows:-
Diploma programmes – 3 years
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) – 4 years
MBBS – 5 years
All programmes are full-time courses.
- When is the intake?
The intake for diploma programmes is in January & June / July every year.
The intake for degree programmes is in September every year.
- How to apply?
Application can be made online via www.admission.unikl.edu.my.
Or, applicants can also download our application form from www.rcmp.unikl.edu.my, or you can also walk-in to our campus to apply.
- When is the closing date for application?
For the closing date for application please refer to www.admission.unikl.edu.my
- Do I have to go through a student interview for admission?
Yes, only for degree programmes. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. All diploma programmes do not require any student interview.
- Can I use forecast results to apply?
Forecast results are not acceptable; applicant must submit their actual / official result.
- Does UniKL RCMP impose any quota for each intake?
Yes. The number of seats offered each year is limited.
- Who will be awarding the diploma and degree?
Universiti Kuala Lumpur
- Are there any financial aid/sponsorship available?
Students who are eligible may apply through UniKL RCMP for study loans from Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) or PTPTN (National Higher Education Fund). UniKL RCMP will assist the eligible students in their application. However, approval is subject to the terms and conditions set by the respective agency.
Apart from MARA and PTPTN, we do have students who are sponsored by other healthcare institutions such as Institut Jantung Negara, Subang Jaya Medical Centre, etc.
- Does the university provide accommodation for students?
Yes, UniKL RCMP provides student housing and the residential building is within the campus.
- What time do classes normally start and end?
Classes are normally on weekdays, from 8.00am until 5.00pm. However, there are times when classes may go on until late evening, or during weekends when the need arises.
- Who are the lecturers?
UniKL RCMP has qualified lecturers and specialists with many years of experience in the medical and allied health science field. Besides Malaysians, we have specialists from countries like India, Myanmar, Pakistan, Iraq, Indonesia, Bangladesh, England and USA.
- Where do the students go for their clinical practice?
UniKL RCMP has established agreements with the Ministry of Health Malaysia which enable the students to gain access to government hospitals and clinics in Perak and other states in Malaysia. With this and additional collaborations with other private healthcare institutions,
UniKL RCMP potentially offers students with greater exposure to a variety of patients and a wide spectrum of diseases.
- Are the graduates from the allied health science programmes eligible to apply for a job in the government or private healthcare institutions?
Yes, the graduates are eligible to apply for a job in government and private healthcare institutions. However, recruitment to any government healthcare institution is subjected to post availability as the government also has its own training centres.
- How is the job market for allied health sciences in Malaysia?
Nationwide, the demand for broadly educated health professionals is increasing at a staggering rate.
- Are the graduates eligible to further their studies in local public or private universities?
- Are the degrees and diplomas recognized internationally?
No. However, nursing graduates who are registered with the Nursing Board Malaysia (NBM) are eligible to serve internationally and in fact many are serving in Middle Eastern countries, Singapore and Australia. Registration with NBM is a statuary requirement for all practicing nurses.
- Does UniKL RCMP accept international students?
- Do you accept students with a Certificate in Nursing into your Diploma in Nursing programme?
- Can male candidates apply for Diploma in Nursing?
Absolutely. Male and female candidates are EQUALLY welcome.
- Does UniKL RCMP accept MBBS students who wish to transfer from other Universities such as Russia, India or Indonesia?
- Does UniKL RCMP accept transfer students from other allied health colleges, such as Masterskill or MAHSA?