JPT/BPP (R/720/7/0041) MQA/FA 3028
The Master of Medical Science by research introduces students to a broad range of research areas in medical sciences. It is designed to expand their knowledge and understanding of scientific concepts consistent with recent advances in biomedical research. The programme will guide the students towards better understanding of medical sciences and be proficient in analytical and problem-solving methodology. It will provide the graduates with skills for future employment and career opportunities in medical research, health related teaching and consultancy.
The objectives of this program are:
- To train graduates to be enterprising researchers who are knowledgeable, skilled, competent, dynamic and innovative.
- To stimulate and sustain the culture of research in order to improve human health.
- To produce graduates with effective communication skills and leadership qualities to support their roles in the industry.
- To produce graduates who are committed to lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- To produce graduates with professionalism, ethics and social responsibilities.
- To produce graduates who are enterprising and capable of participating in medical and biotechnology related technopreneurial activities.
The course is research-based, with a range of compulsory courses. The thesis must be a substantial work based on research which shows a sound knowledge of the subject matter. The following are the research areas:
- Public Health